Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tercero Dias



I've have been punished all day today for not having a good sleep last night. After joining yet another French crew en la barrio Palermo. The evening went long and I did not sleep much. The Spanish classes are still going well and we are covering some basic travel communication skills. There are many travellers around the busy hostel. The common story is European people who have come through after traveling through Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia and Chile. Some of these people have done a huge amount of travel literally all over the world.  The only people I have met who are learning Spanish are older, however many young people are bi/trilingual.

I want very much to go to a home stay, but it has not worked out so far. Unfortunately tomorrow I am moving to a new hostel. My booking is finished at Sandanzas and they are full tomorrow night. It has been a very friendly but cramped hostel. I feels very busy right now and I feel very tired.

There were more protests in the Plaza de Mayo today. My professor says it is a part of life here, 'Siempre'. The was a strike in the subte which I think is over. I passed by a small protest as I was having lunch, walking through the streets with drums and flags. I have seen riot police more than once in the evening, though I'm not sure why.
I got lost walking from the school to the hostel. People were friendly with directions and I feel better oriented with San Telmo. Unfortunately the streets are barely marked and I (+85L) will be in a new neighbourhood tomorrow. I think I will pack up now and take my bag to school. The camping gear feels so ridiculous and bulky to have with me now. I will need to do put all of it to good use in a month or so.

*Note about the picture: This is the only picture I've taken so far. It is certainly nothing special, however San Telmo is a grid of many streets such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment